Date: August 1 2019
With love, the author (‘ With love, the author ‘, ‘we’, ‘our’ of ‘ours’), [adres volgt] is the controller and operator of withlovetheauthor.com.
With love, the author makes every effort to protect your privacy. This privacy statement explains how we collect, use, provide, store and protect your personal data.
This privacy statement applies to all websites, applications, services and tools (collectively referred to as “services”) that refer to this privacy statement, regardless of how you access or use it, including using mobile devices.
We can change this privacy statement at any time by posting the modified version on this site with the effective date of the modified version. We announce material changes to this privacy statement by email.
We collect personal data from you and the devices (including mobile devices) that you use when you: use our services, register for an account with us, provide us with information by web form, update your account or add data to it, or when you communicate with us in any other way.
We may also collect personal data from other sources, as described below.
Personal data that you provide to us when you use our services or register for an account with us:
- Identifying information such as your name, addresses, telephone numbers or e-mail addresses, when you register for an account with us.
- Other data that you generate or that belong to your account and your use of the website, applications, services and tools (such as use of functionality to place the sales offer, searches, viewed and saved sales / purchases or your use of the contact options with a sale or purchase).
- Financial data (such as credit card or bank account numbers) regarding a transaction.
- You can also provide us with other information by means of a web form, by updating your account or adding data to it, in the context of the resolution of disputes or when you communicate with us in another way about our services.
- Additional information, if we are required or authorized by applicable national law to collect and process it to identify you or verify your identity, or to verify the information we have collected.
Personal data that we automatically collect when you use our services or register for an account with us:
- We collect information about your interaction with our services, your preferences and your communication with us. This is data we receive from devices (including mobile devices) that you use when you access our services. This data may include the following: device ID or unique identifier, device type, ID for advertisements, and unique device token.
- Location data, including location data from your mobile device. Remember that with most mobile devices you can manage or disable the use of location services by an application on your mobile device in the device’s settings menu.
- Computer and connection data such as statistics about your page views, traffic to and from the sites, referral URLs, advertising data, your IP address, your browsing history and your weblog data.
Personal data that we collect with cookies and similar technologies:
- See Cookies for more information about our use of these technologies and how you manage them.
Personal data collected from other sources:
- We supplement the personal data that we collect directly with information we collect from third parties and add it to your account information. For example, we collect and use demographic and other information that is publicly available in the applicable jurisdiction, additional contact information, credit check information, and credit agency information, to the extent permitted by applicable national law.
- Transaction Dispute Database. As a result of reports, whether or not through the Internet Police Reporting Point, we can process information (including personal data) about certain disputes between users and sellers. The data that With love, the author processes in this context is not recorded on the basis of proper research by With love, the author, but originates from users of With love, the author, who report information to us or to the Internet Police Reporting Point and provide and / or concern information already present on our website.
- Social media. We enable you to share data with social media sites or to use social media sites to create your account or to connect your account to the relevant social media site. These sites may also provide us with certain information.
- You may only provide us with personal data about someone else with the permission of that person. You must inform this person about how we collect, use, provide and store his or her personal data in accordance with our privacy statement.
Use of data
We use the personal data we collect from you for a variety of business purposes and based on various legal grounds for processing. Below is an overview of how and based on which legal basis we use your personal data.
We use your personal data to fulfill an agreement with you and to provide you with our services, to comply with our legal obligations or to protect your vital interests. Examples of this are:
- To provide you with access to our services (in particular so that you can post and manage products or other content), in the context of account management, exploiting, measuring and improving our services, keeping our services safe and operational and adjusting site content with objects and services that you may find interesting based on actions you perform.
- To give you access to our messaging function and other functions.
- To contact you about your account, to solve problems with your account or otherwise to provide customer service.
- When we contact you for the purposes described above, we can do so by e-mail, telephone, text messages and mail.
- To offer you other services that you have requested, as described when we collect the information, including payment via the Online Payment Platform.
- To prevent, detect, investigate or limit the consequences of fraud, security breaches or other potentially prohibited or illegal activities.
We use your personal data to represent our legitimate interests, provided that your rights and liberties do not outweigh these interests. We have implemented control measures to balance our interests against your rights. These include:
- Improve our services, for example, by viewing information about user crashed or crashed pages, so that we can identify and solve problems and offer you a better experience.
- Adapt, measure and improve our advertisements based on your preferences for customized advertisements.
- Contact you by email, telephone or mail to offer you coupons, discounts and special promotions, ask your opinion through surveys or questionnaires and inform you about our services as permitted by applicable law.
- Contacting you about public policy matters or other current events related to your ability to use our services. This may include an invitation to sign a petition, a letter, a telephone call or other types of public policy campaigns.
- Offer targeted marketing, service updates and special promotions based on your communication preferences.
- Measure the performance of our marketing campaigns by email (for example, by analyzing open and click frequencies).
- Monitor and improve the information security on our site and mobile applications.
We may use your personal data with your permission for the following:
- Offer you marketing by email.
- Offer you third-party marketing.
- Use your exact geolocation to provide location-based services.
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. We can use technologies that are considered as automated decision-making or profiling. We do not make automated decisions about you that significantly affect you, unless such a decision is necessary as part of an agreement that we have with you, we have your permission, or we are legally required to use such technology.
View, manage and correct
We respect your right to access your personal data and your rights to correct it, request its removal or ask us to limit our use of it, as required by applicable law. We also take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate and up to date.
- You have the right to know what personal data we have on you
- Upon request, we provide you with a copy of your personal data in a structured, current and machine-readable format
- If your personal information is incorrect or incomplete, you have the right to ask us to update it
- You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data
- You can also ask us to delete your personal data or limit our use of it, but that right is subject to applicable legislation and may affect your access to some of our services
- Access, correction and deletion of your personal data
- You can view, check and change most of your personal data by logging in to your account. Update your personal details immediately if they change or are incorrect.
- We respect every legal right that you may have to view your personal data and to change or delete it. If you want to request access, you can contact us. If you have a legal right to request access or request modification or deletion of your personal data, we may, in certain cases and in accordance with applicable national law, withhold access or refuse to change or delete your personal data.
- If you request that we stop processing some or all of your personal data or if you withdraw your consent (if applicable) for our use or our provision of your personal data for the purposes described in this privacy statement, we may not be able to offer you all services and customer service that are offered to our users and that are permitted in regard of this privacy statement. Upon your request, we will close your account and stop displaying your personal data as soon as reasonably possible, depending on your account activity and in accordance with applicable national legislation.
Your personal data is not provided to third parties. Data from authors remains strictly confidential and will not be released to third parties, other companies or parties under any circumstances. Buyer data is only shared with sellers (including authors) when a sale has been made by the buyer: address information is sent to the seller (including author) so that the buyer can receive the product (book) on the address provided by him / her. Buyer data is not disclosed to third parties, other companies or parties.
Retention of data
We keep your personal data for as long as necessary to provide the services you have requested or for other important purposes, such as meeting our legal obligations, resolving disputes and implementing our policies.
The specific retention period for personal data is laid down by law. How long we store personal data can vary widely, depending on the context of the services we offer and our legal obligations. If we are legally, contractually or otherwise required to store your personal data for longer, we will do so. Examples may include legislation regarding the mandatory retention of data in the applicable jurisdiction, government instructions to retain data that are relevant to an investigation or personal data that is retained in connection with legal proceedings.
If we no longer have to save your personal data, we will delete it.
We protect your personal data with the help of technical and organizational security measures to minimize the risk of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, provision and changes. Our safeguards include, for example, firewalls and data encryption, physical access control at our data centers and authorization management for information access. If you think your account has been misused, contact us.
To contact us